Friday, March 7, 2008

Did you hear?

Today is a historic day.

Spencer and I have been married 5 years! I love Spencer. He makes it easy for me to be happy.


The most important phone call of my husband's life occurred yesterday. It determined whether he would be a teacher or something else (probably a business-owner). I held my breath all day...

He was offered full tuition and a teaching assistantship to go to University of Ohio (in Athens, Ohio). HURRAY! Prayers answered!
University of Ohio

We are excited, but pretty intimidated. I can't wait for the change. I'm so glad we will be near the Amish. Seriously.

We will probably move in July or August. We feel very blessed. I will miss the short drive to get to family. It is a bummer that our kids will not see their relatives often.

Interestingly, there is a small LDS branch there. But I saw some beautiful homes for sale. The next 5 years of our marriage are going to be different to say the least.

11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are cute. We are really excited for you and Spencer too. Spence is really a natural teacher. I'm glad you are living near the Amish too. It will be fun. You'll have to take up quilting! Can't wait for you new little one! Kim

Stephanie said...

congrats all around pattersons!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!!!!! Where is the University of Ohio? Wow....that is exciting!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

YEAH!! I am so excited for you guys!! I hope it is nice and warm there. I'm sure it will be awesome. We hope to see you before you go!! Good luck with the whole birthing thing!!!!!!!!

Camille said...

DARN IT! I was holding out for you being my next door neighbor... I guess since that isn't going to happen, CONGRATULATIONS! Isn't that such a huge relief? I'm so happy for you. Also, I love that picture of you two- it makes me laugh just looking at it! You two... Ohio is lucky to have you!

(also, I attempted upholstery... it went okay, I was somewhat successful at covering up all the really bad spots- I'll post a picture of it soon)

Anonymous said...

I feel relief for you. Especially since you held your breath for an entire day. BREATHE!

I'm sad that you're moving far away. But I'm happy to tell you that Ohio/Kentucky are nice places to live.

Maybe you can be whimpy like us and move back after the first year (and, of course get accepted to the U of U program--to be our next door neighbors).

Go Amish people!

Anonymous said...

You are going to be closer to ME!! HIP-HIP HOORAY!!

Angie said...

You'll have to keep blogging so I can watch your boys grow up!

Jenn said...

Yay! That picture is so cute of you two! Amish...yep, it's going to be totally great!

Mrs. Jones said...

Yeah! Congratulations! When is that baby Henry going to get here?

Juli said...

Congratulations! We love you guys and we'll miss you. And I'm sure Spencer is good at whatever he does.