Saturday, March 15, 2008

Henry Day

Henry Kenneth Patterson
March 14, 2008
7 lbs 7 oz.
20.5 inches

My water broke at 4 am. Comfortable with epidural at 8 am. We three became four at 10:41 am. Everything went smoothly. The worst part was that I had a TERRIBLE cold and couldn't breath through my nose or talk without coughing. So much for keeping his life germ-free.
Thanks to lots of help from family and friends, Grant was taken care of. I was told he wandered the house calling my name. He visited us at the hospital and wasn't really impressed with Henry. We came home at noon today. Everyone had made such a big deal about baby Henry that Grant couldn't wait to get him out of his car seat to check him out. Grant's little buddy is finally here! I love the first few days of new baby life. AND I'm glad I'm not pregnant anymore.

12 comments:

Camille said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! He is gorgeous Emily! (In a manly sort of handsome-y way of course) I'm so glad everything went well. Good luck with the two muchkins, and if you ever need to chat, I'm here for ya. Not that you will need to, I'm sure you will the greatest mother of two that ever was. But GOOD LUCK anyway. ;-)

HOORAY for Henry!

Angie said...

Congratulations Emily!
He is beautiful!

Brock and Kristina said...

Yay! Congrats....Grant looks like such a little man helping his brother!

Anonymous said...

Emily is a mommy again! I am so happy for you and your family! Now we DEFINITELY need to hug!

Stephanie said...

YEAHHHHHHHHH! I had two friends having baby boys in the same week and you both named your sons Henry- so so cool!

He is seriously gorgeous! Congratulations!!!!!!!

Summer said...

We love him! I hope to talk to you soon and hear all about it.

Workmans said...

I am so happy for your little family. I can't wait to meet little Henry. He is beautiful!! We love you guys.

Mrs. Jones said...

He is beautiful and you all ready look amazing! Not really fair, but congrats anyways! I have a little something for him! I will have to make my way to Pocatello one of these days!

Juli said...

Congrats! You look great Emily. I can't wait to see Henry. I'm so happy for Grant to have someone to play with. You can do it.

Jenn said...

He's so cute, good job pattersons! Yay for not being pregnant anymore! You will make such a great little mother bird, so organized and creative and crafty. What lucky boys you have!! Good luck adjusting, let me know if Grant needs to come play, Austin would LOVE it!

The Stanford Bunch said...

Congrats Emily! We both had a baby boy in the same week! This is Mistie (Rogers) Stanford, one of Ashlee's old roomies. My blog is thestanfordbunch.blogspot.com
Do you remember Ali from our ward at BYU-I? She also had a baby boy named Henry last week. Her blog is aliflegal.blogspot.com Anyway, thought that was interesting!

The Dillinghams said...

Congratulations Emily! He is so sweet. I'm sure Grant is such a great big brother. I'm due with boy #2 in July...you'll have to let me in on some tips.

Ashley