Sunday, March 8, 2009

News Alert!!!

Introducing our PENNY:
She is a miniature Goldendoodle (Spencer is embarrassed to tell his friends he has anything "doodle", but he LOVES her).
She is 75% poodle, 25% golden retriever. Non-shedding, hypo-allergenic, and SO CUTE! She is 7 weeks old and six pounds but will grow to be <25 lbs.

This weekend has been NUTS!! We are tired. She is a lot of work at night and supervising her and the kids is tough too. We are really motivated to do whatever it takes to train her to be a good family dog, and so far she seems pretty easy-going. She goes potty outside most of the time and she only woke up thrice last night to go out.

Grant has been testing his boundaries with her, but he is so helpful and she is great entertainment for him! Henry is a little nervous around her. I think she steals his toys.

We celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary on Saturday! I love my French-speaking, doodle-owning, fly-fishing, lactose-intolering, bass-singing, jeep-driving, diaper-changing, non-flossing, brain-expanding, trick-demonstrating, hair-curling, business-inventing, wife-adoring, Spence.

15 comments:

Ty and Kumari said...

OH EMILY HOW CUTE!!!!!! SHE IS SOOOO CUTE!!!! MAKES ME WANT TO GET A PUPPY!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AGAIN!!!!! WAS SHE YOUR ANNIVERSARY PRESENT!!

Kate Call said...

i couldn't be more jealous.. i'll i want in life is a puppy!
ha. but seriously.. SOO cute, and i bet your boys LOVE the new addition!
... 6 years EM!!!! you old toot. (i hate the word fart.. so toot will have to do. ha.) happy anniversary!

Jason and Dana said...

NO WAY!!!! I am SO freaking jealous!!!! That is the EXACT dog I want!!!! Even the minature part! I've always wanted an apricot one, but man....that dog is SO ADORABLE!!! You lucky dog! Haha, no pun intended.

Jason and Dana said...

Or is she apricot? I was looking at the picture of Spencer holding her and she looks a little red.

Mason Bourne said...

#1, Grant has a purple tie-dyed shirt? (Emily, How could you?)
#2, His nose is runnier than the dog's.
#3, The dog is the bomb.com.

Stephanie said...

congrats on all of the above! and i must say that i am relieved that someone with a wife in the dental industry is a non-flosser like myself... i want to, i know i need to, i know its gross not to... i just never do. :)

Becca said...

Happy "late" Anniversary you two! Such an adorable dog! I love that Spencers hair looks as curly as the dogs! So cute! Miss you guys!

Will and Heidi said...

Congrats on your anniversary! And, just so you know, my husband is a non-flosser, too! Let's just keep it on the downlow. Ha ha ha.

beck said...

Phun wanted to know if Grant gets confused with "Henny" and "Penny." Cute name.

VicandNanc said...

What a cute little addition to your family! He sounds like the perfect doggy!

Celeste Tabakece said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved the post. Ife wants a dog soo bad...but we still are in an apt. so I made him a deal. When he buys me a house. I'll buy him a dog...fair trade eh.

Spencer P. said...

non-flossing????
I love you to.

Angie said...

How Cute!!

Emily said...

I think she is somewhere between red and apricot. Her head is darker than her body. We met her grandma, a red golden retriever. Her mother looks blonde, though, and her dad is a white toy poodle. So I don't know.

Spencer, I'm sorry that I said you don't floss. And you forgot an 'o' on your comment.

Unknown said...

How fun for your family to have another cute thing running around.