Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My job.


Above: This is a toothbrush couch that I am considering for my living room.


I haven't really mentioned my job. So if you are wondering, read on.

I work for a dental office with THREE dentists (all of which are really cool).
That means SIX hygienists at one time!
(also really cool -- even though they think I am the weird Mormon girl).
As you can imagine, they need me pretty frequently as a substitute hygienist.
But I am ALWAYS scheduled Thursday afternoons.
It averages out to a few full days a month. (could be more if another office needs me)

I have to brag: This is the life! (my hygiene friends may agree)

Seriously, they call for a sub and I can say:

"Sure, I'll come in"
(if we need the cash)

or,

"Sorry, I can't today."
(if I need to make a pizza out of clay with Grant)

Then I pick up a pay check that was worth a grand total of 10 hours and it covers our car payment or January gas bill. (plus a little more)

I am grateful for my education and for the minimal time I have to be away from my little people.

It makes me feel safe.

And, yes, I LOVE cleaning teeth. The more tarter the better!!!



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

i was wondering so thanks for the update! so who watches the kiddies while you are out? that sounds so ideal. i want a job like that! i went to the dentist for the first time in like two years this week and there was a mormon hygienist and i thought of you! my dentist is a goof ball. he really is. anyway, enough about him. :) i am happy for you that you found the perfect mom friendly job!

Brock and Kristina said...

AMEN sista! And hygiene school...yes it was TOTALLY worth it. I try to convince people that dental hygiene is where it's at, but not everyone understands....but I am completely on the same page as you. By the way, that couch is A.W.E.S.O.M.E!!!!!

Ty and Kumari said...

Aren't you glad I talked you into hygiene!!!! HAHAHA!! That picture is hilarious I may have to post it on mine too!! Sounds like you do have a good in at your office. I am glad you found a good place to work. Having a good place to work probably makes it a lot easier to leave your adorable kids every once in awhile.
I don't know, though, if scraping peoples food out of their teeth can beat clay pizza!!!!! Love to hear you talk about work. It makes me comforted knowing you understand how it is in the dental world and that it will all work out when I finally have a kid! Not anytime soon!!! Yes I agree the more tartar the better!!!!

Chelsi said...

That is awesome! Glad you love your job, not everyone does so it's awesome when we get to.

Summer said...

Is that you in the giant toothbrush, squeezed in between the bristles?!