Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day and food storage

I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to post this, but I need to record it for my family.

The Love Bugs visited our house the week of Valentine's Day! They live in this little mailbox and brought us treats, stickers, and Valentines notes everyday! Grant mailed them drawings and other little things. It was a big hit! (Even with Spencer.) The idea came from Family Fun Magazine.



On another note, my food storage goals are coming right along! Spencer made these AWESOME shelves in our basement (cost: $70). The top shelf is slanted forward a little for rolling cans. We already have a good start on our three-month food supply goal and I saved $50 at Kroger last week buying sale items in bulk with coupons! The next step is water. I'm anxious for this one because last Fall we had a "boil order" for a week. I found these for drinking or other uses (washing dishes, flushing toilets, brushing teeth, etc). Yes!

5 comments:

Mason Bourne said...

The Love Bugs' handwriting looks awfully familiar!?

Unknown said...

What a great Idea. I think that is great to get your food storage in order. Good luck with it all.

Anonymous said...

Like mine. I'm the love bug.

Lauren and Trevor said...

Yeah for food storage! I am inspired by your shelves and your organization. Also, how fun to have the Love Bug come, Grant looks so happy! I bet he just loved that.

Anonymous said...

Did Grant write that "G"? 'Cause that's pretty awesome for a 2 year-old. You're pretty awesome for a 25-year-old too.