Monday, July 28, 2008

Where am I?

We arrived in Athens, Ohio last Tues/Wed. and are feeling very isolated already... but have discovered many great things there are about living here.

I'm actually at McDonald's on their WiFi because we won't have internet until this weekend so I'm anxious to post pictures and record everything.

But I must not delay in saying that there is wildlife living in our backyard. Grant thinks we live at the zoo. Bunnies, lightening bugs, unidentifiable humongous bugs, squirrels, blue jays, cardinals, and deer. Huge deer. If you flash a light out into the backyard at night, you might wake the neighbors (this is true) but you can see them snuggled in the grass. They like to run around the dark side of the house at night right when you are least expecting it!!!!!! AHHH!!!! I've just about wet. my. pants.

So we've been unpacking and shuffling things around until new carpet comes but we are excited. Spencer has been strutting around with his tool belt on, making and building stuff to help our house function better.

Also, I can't wait until Grant gives up on the Idaho-time sleeping schedule. Come on!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so exited for you! Ohio will probably be so fun with so many areas to go see. By the way, congradulations on your growing family. Your boys are the perfrct combination of you two. Keep up the good work :) Madeline

Jenn said...

I'm glad you're alive, you guys are going to have so much fun there! Please go out at night more so we can hear some pant-wetting deer tales!! Have fun with Grant w/the humongo bugs for Austin. He is very into bugs right now and he still talks about Grant about every other day. He loves him. We miss you!

Camille said...

Glad you made it in one piece! I hope you get your internet up and running soon, because it just isn't the same without you around here. How are the wedding plans coming? Did you get something worked out?? Hope you guys are doing great!

Juli said...

Spence and I were just talking about the cicadas (big NOISY bugs). You'll miss them some day. We miss you already.

Anonymous said...

maybe you should get pest control...