Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ohio is still awesome.

I wanted to wait until everything looked good-to-go before I introduced you to what we picked:

(more pictures later)
Athens, Ohio will be our home sometime in July. The town of Athens is so NOT Pocatello. Well, Ohio itself is so green and gorgeous I thought I was going to visit Anne Shirley. I saw one Amish woman at the airport (I didn't know they could fly!).

Back to Athens... let me just say: cobblestone brick streets, old red-brick buildings with clock towers, enormous trees, flowering fruit trees, red cardinals and blue jays, front porches, green lawns, and kind neighbors.

The OU campus is so cool... I couldn't believe students were walking around looking completely oblivious of the beauty around them. Spencer was welcomed by excited faculty who invited him to help with their upcoming research. We were pleased to find that the college and the community are very accepting of the family life-style.

The neighborhood we chose was ideal because it is next to the bike path entrance so Spence can bike 2.5 miles to school along the scenic river and I have easy access to the community center, park, pool, and grocery stores.

Our cute little cottage-style house will be 4 bed, 3 bath with a big back yard. I lie in bed at night thinking about where we should put furniture, what color to paint the basement, and where Grant's time-out spot will be (a very important decision).

If only Mary Poppins would come in and pack all of our belongings and tell me what I don't need to take. I DO wish we could take our families. Grant will miss them too... last night at 3am I was up changing his stinky diaper and he was requesting Grandma. I was too.

15 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

I am so excited for you guys and glad that we have the internet and blogs so that I can keep an eye on you guys! I really miss yelling at Spencer over the wall but I don't miss First American. How is that new baby? We need some new pics of the little guy!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Em~
That is so awesome. Moving is so blah, packing, packing, and more packing! It will be so nice when you get there and get to decorate your new house!!! Looks so cute and i'm sure with your talent it will be a masterpiece. Being away from family is hard but it just means you can visit for months at a time!!

Camille said...

Oh Yay! Congratulations on the new house, I cannot wait to see the inside! I bet you are dying to get the the move over and done with. That is a big move.

I agree with Mrs Jones- more pictures! (Since I'm sure you have nothing else you should be doing...)

Anonymous said...

I just called Spencer's program. They said he can't come anymore.

Oh well, guess you can't move.

Brock and Kristina said...

you're house looks way cool!!! the best part is you are closer to boston and my (brock's) bro lives in cleveland. who knows maybe we'll get to see you guys some time!

Becca said...

Em, I love the new house! Although, I am a little bummed because this means it will probably be forever until I see you again! Miss you!

Jenn said...

what a great little house, I LOVE IT! I'm totally jealous. So, go enjoy your cobble stone roads and amish people, I'll bet you guys will never come back! Grandmas and poopy diapers, what a great combo. Love it.

Masons said...

Cutest house ever Em! I miss Grant and Henry already!

Memzy said...

I don't remember to come here often but I was able to catch up on a lot!
1. Your hair cut is adorable.
2. Your new baby is adorable.
3. Your new house is adorable.
4. Your family will miss you. Good luch in Ohio!
-Femily

Stephanie said...

wow- how perfect! i am so excited for you!!

Nan and Aaron said...

Cute place! I feel your pain on the moving thing. We'll be moving to Chicago the first week of August with a 4 week old baby, so it's bound to be fun. Our blog is byuva.blogspot.com if you're curious. Tell Spencer hello!
Natalie

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

okay Em~
I finally posted. Where are you?Hope you are enjoying your last few weeks with family thats what I would be doing!!

Kate Call said...

IT IS SO GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU!! your family is so cute!! its been way too long, and i'm so sad every time i hear you all get together for a little lunch or sunday dinner or something! This will be fun to be able to keep up with what your up to! sounds like your up for a few adventures in the near future!! fun!! keep in touch!!

Kyra said...

have i mentioned your blog is my favorite?

Jason and Dana said...

Your house is ADORABLE!!!! I didn't know you guys were buying. I can't get over how cute it is. It's like a house you'd see in an ad or something.