Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanks for waiting....

Okay, I'm ready to post about the rest of our trip, including pictures!

Saturday was a busy day... we ate a the Grand Lux for lunch (another excellent meal, very busy downtown because of the parade/shopping... we were lucky we got in!)

Before Spencer had to go to class, we caught a street concert of KT Tunstall ("Black Horse and a Cherry Tree"). LOVE HER. The gave out free cheesecake and had performers all day from Disney shows. It was cold. I think we drank 10 cups of hot chocolate while were in Chicago. (From Dunkin' Donuts, of course).














I walked A LOT. My feet got really tired, but I was totally entertained by the city and the people. I loved the musicians on the streets.















We heard that the best view of the city was in the women's restrooms at the John Hancock Observatory. So, we went. (Spencer waited in the hall). It was the best.

The parade was boring, so we bought a big stash of Garrett Popcorn (Cheddar/caramel mix) and walked to the ESPN Zone restaurant for dinner. Spencer had competed in a "DVR Challenge" to win a big screen TV earlier that day so we waited to see if he won. I thought he would with his history of good luck in game shows and drawings but he didn't. Fortunately, they sat us in the best seats for dinner: the two center RECLINERS in front of the big screen TV. Spencer was in heaven. I wanted to cry because I got to rest my feet.

Sunday was all traveling. We were dying to see Grant. He seemed happy to see us too. He had been busy making messes and drawing on walls and mourning over the loss of his pet goldfish (apparently they don't travel well). We replaced "Ishy" last night with an ugly Beta fish. (Name to be determined).

Overall, I'll miss the food. And WICKED was so memorable. I'm glad I don't live there, though. I like the small-scale towns of Idaho.

See below for more pictures:

At "The Cloud Gate" aka "The Bean"





Hotel Blake























































Sears Tower







































Art Exhibit: Crochet Coral Reef at the Chicago Cultural Center


Random






















































Man wearing headband


Dinner at Petterino's and Wicked at Ford Oriental Theater

Ceiling: (right before I got in trouble for taking pictures)


























































Gino's East Pizza (We LOVE Chicago-style pizza)




3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are adorable in that coat! and that pizza makes me want to hop in a plane and get over there right now!!!! (uh, im not pregnant though, just way too enthusiastic about food. we'll blame it on the nursing...) Your trip looked fabulous- so glad you got to go and have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you guys had fun.

I still feel bad about Ishy. I hope Grant has recovered. The crayon on the walls was in a nice shade of yellow, so it was very difficult to see. Not worried about it.

We miss Grant. When can he come play again?

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I LOVE big cities. Life in the OC is not fast-paced enough for me. I'd love to live in Chicago or Boston. And you are the cutest pregnant person; love your taste in fashion!