Friday, November 16, 2007

Finally!

I finally got a chance to sit down at a computer for a minute...

Last night was the best date I've every been on!

First we went to Petterino's for dinner... definitely in the top 3 meals of my life.

They gave us the VIP treatment because I made reservations so early (there was a huge wait for a table because they were so busy! The chef sent us "compliments" like yummy bread and stuff.

We both LOVED the taste of the food and so we ordered dessert... Peppermint chocolate sundae and chocolate applause cake MMMM.... then to our surprise, the dessert was on the house! YEAY!

So off to the Theatre... we had a little time to walk around and see the theater district in lights and listen to saxophone players on the streets.

WICKED WAS SO GOOD WE BOTH CRIED. Not because it was sad but because we've never seen or heard a musical performance so perfect! I felt like it was only 10 minutes long because I was so into it... the singers were fantastic. Clear, loud, there was tons of humor and best of all: We had the BEST seats in the whole place! I KNOW! SEE... all my research payed off!

Anyways... I'm sad it is over.

This afternoon was eventful also. After Spencer's morning classes, we went to another Chicago-style pizza place. (mmm.) Then we went to Millennium Park and saw the giant silver bean (wait for the pictures) and over to the Art Institute Museum. We were surprised that so many famous paintings were right in front of our faces! It was very nice. I wish we could have taken pictures. Anyhoo... more adventures tonight (Spencer will be in classes for couple hours so I'm going to take a nap! Hurray!).

What will we eat tonight... hmmm. NOT pancakes!

3 comments:

MaryLou said...

Emily, I am so happy you are having such a good time. A few of us went to dinner tonight--Marie Callandars...I had the cup of Hearty Vegetable Soup! MMMM---It was so delicious I thought I was going to cry. I have never seen carrots prepared so gloriously. Then the chef, Manuel, came out and had a smoke on the stoop and went back into the kitchen without washing his hands and continued to make that wonderful food you can only get from Marie's. Anyway!!!!! The point of the story is; we were all talking (me, Grams, A. Diney, A. Sassy and Tara) about how jealous we are that you got to see Wicked. You have really squeezed the best and finest out of this trip. I'm so proud of your planning skill-set.

Masons said...

You know you're just like your mom with all this planning ahead business. I am SOOOOOO jealous about Wicked. I'm glad you're having fun!

Anonymous said...

It's Juli.
We saw Wicked from the back row, without binoculars, and we still cried. I loved it. I would go again (and pay an arm and a leg again) to see "I can defy gravity" and "popular" and "not that girl". I was surprised by the ending . . .