Friday, September 9, 2011

Oh What FUN!

1. Henry started preschool!
He has been waiting for this day for a LONG time.  He had NO hesitation. When I went to pick him up today his teacher said laughing, "He asks a lot of questions, mom!" Then I watched them read the last story of the day and Henry wouldn't stop talking!  The poor teacher couldn't even get through the book! "Hey! Why do you have a big book? Hey! Hey! We have that book! Hey! That's a cocoon!" So on the way home we had a discussion about keeping our lips zipped until the end of the story. And not to 'hey' anybody.





2. We were there!
With the big boys and the dog under excellent care, Spencer, Sam, and I drove to ATLANTA GEORGIA to meet my brother Mason and his family for the BSU game against U of Georgia.  It was AWESOME.  Masons in-laws live there. We ate buffalo burgers at Ted's, stayed up late playing BANG! (I won), and rode/ran/walked the trail that goes to Alabama. We had a blast staying at their house.  And Sam hung out with his close-in-age cousin, Kingsley while we went downtown to the Georgia Dome The fact that they won was icing on the cake. Tons of BSU fans came. My ears were ringing for 2 days because it was so loud. Good times. 









King and Sam.  BFFS. 

p.s. I'm the new seminary teacher. Yes, the up-at-the-crack-of-dawn-to-teach-the-old-teastament-to-8-teenagers-seminary-teacher. I'm loving it so far. The best perk: I'm dressed by 6am!

7 comments:

Lorie Ann said...

Good times. I love Henry's puppy backpack!

Jason and Dana said...

Oooo, so jealous you got to go to that game!!! Jason was regretting not being there through the whole game. We went to the VT game though, at least he got that.
It just makes total sense that you're a seminary teacher! I bet you are the most fun seminary teacher ever.

Ty and Kumari said...

So cute!! Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Oh my EMILY you are the Seminary Teacher!!! Well they picked the best person for the job! You are the only person I would not be annoyed by that early in the morning!!!! You are so sweet and happy!!!! I am sure you are the best seminary teacher those kids will ever have. You will make it so fun for them!!!!! I love it!!!! I bet that makes it kind of a long day though with kids and daily life! Make sure Spencer takes ya out and gives ya some EM/girl time!!!!! Miss you!!!

Juli said...

Henry is so cute! That is awesome that he loves to ask questions. He's a clever one, that.

You can totally do this seminary thing. Just think of the impact you can have on a teenager's spiritual well-being. Your family will reap many rewards. (I know, because I got to listen to Shon's awesome FHE lessons while he was the seminary teacher.)

Karie said...

We loved having you! We miss you! Come again!

Nan and Aaron said...

You're teaching seminary?! Who calls a mom with an infant to teach early morning seminary -- that is just mean! I am sure you are amazing! Those 8 kids are lucky!

Jenn said...

seminary teacher!? what!? you will be the best seminary teacher ever!! we miss you guys!