Friday, April 1, 2011

Let's catch up...

Henry turned three!  We celebrated early because Spencer went to Guatemala for 10 days with his Dad for a dental service trip.  Instead of a party, later that week I took the boys to the Columbus Zoo. 
(Spencer had the camera -- sorry no pics)


One of my favorite mom things to do is get ready for the birthday the night before.  I hang up the little decorations and wrap the presents for the table and I can't wait to see their faces in the morning!  We eat a big breakfast and open all the presents and there is no question that today is their SPECIAL DAY! 

 Grant made Henry a huge card.  Too huge to color, he said.   

Henry wanted a BSU helmet like his big brother. Let the injuries begin!!! 

Henry wanted CAKE instead of Cupcakes! My own son!  
I used a cake and frosting mix from Trader Joe's.  It was SO good!  


We love you, sweet boy.  

5 comments:

Aaron and Carolyn said...

I love the cake! Really simple but really cute. Glad you guys are doing good!

Stephanie said...

Awww 3 is gettin' serious! I can't believe he is that old already and I don't even know him yet! You are an example to me my friend. I love insights into your life and mom philosophy. Thanks for sharing.

Juli said...

Wow! Henry is 3!!! I hardly know him. I hope Spencer made it home in one piece.

We miss you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Henry!! You're cute!

Lorie Ann said...

Haha. Oh boy, I love that first picture of the two of them! They are getting so big so fast! Henry's little surfer shag is the best!! :)

And that french toast and cake look YUM!!