Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grant's 4th Birthday!

This birthday has taken FOR EVER to arrive!!! He has been SO excited to be four.  'Four' brings new superpowers, you know!  We made Monster Cookies (Grant's favorite) for his preschool class and cupcakes for our campout (Yes of course I bring cupcakes into the great outdoors).  He tells everyone he is four now. And all of his good behavior has been credited to the fact that he is four.  No, THIS is the best age. I told him to stop growing now. 


(Thanks for the inspiration, Natalie!)

Monster Cookies
-- Lindsey Rose
Cream:
1 C butter
3 C peanut butter
2 C sugar
2 C brown sugar

Add:
1/4 C corn syrup
4 tsp. baking powder
6 eggs

Stir in:
9 Cups Oats
1 lb bag MnMs
12 oz. bag choc. chips

12 min. @350. MAKES 8+ Dozen! 

5 comments:

Ty and Kumari said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!!!!! WOW EM YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD!!!!! HE IS ONE STINKIN CUTE 4 YEAR OLD!!!!! THOSE CUPCAKES ARE SO CUTE!! YOU ARE SO CREATIVE EM!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

Mason Bourne said...

I miss those boys. And I miss the adults.

beck said...

I'm so glad you're back, em. That Spencer character, while wise and somewhat witty, doesn't have your pizzaz (is that how you spell that?

And I'm realizing that I'm a bad aunt. Calling tomorrow...

beck said...

Remember when I forgot my ending parenthesis? That was embarrassing.

Camille said...

Happy birthday Grant! You are so lucky- 4 is my favorite age of all the ages so far. And you still have two little boys to be 4. Enjoy it!!

And those cupcakes? You are just the cutest mom, it's true.