Friday, June 6, 2008

Kids

Grant taught me something recently.

Henry was laying on the floor with me sitting nearby. Grant came over to Henry and sang him the ABC's. Then he offered his 'blankie' to Henry.

NOTE: Grant's blankie is his most prized possession.

I was so surprised at his gesture that I gave him a big hug and told him how much I loved him. Then he went into his room and returned with his friends: Poe, Monkey, and Puppy (his number 2,3, and 4 prized possessions). I was touched that my child came with so much love in his little heart.

I hope I can be more like Grant.

5 comments:

Joe, Becky, Logan(Fox) and Trigger Green said...

Emily, I love this post. We miss your family so much. I can't believe how grown up Grant is getting.

Camille said...

What a great brother. Isn't it amazing to see your kids love each other? You must be doing a great job!

Jenn said...

What a good little guy, I hope Austin is like that, but when I came home with gifts yesterday he immediately claimed that blankie w/the balls on it. I knew he would, that turkey.

Jenn said...

so, how do you get those sweet little blog watchers that let you know when people update their blogs?

Jenn said...

thanks so much for coming yesterday, I'm so glad you did, I'm done feeling abandoned by everyone and just grateful that someone still cares! ;)