Sunday, May 11, 2008

Celebrate good times, come on!

The weekend almost killed me. But it was wonderful because I celebrated all three of my most handsome blessings:

1. GRANT

Grant's 2nd birthday is on the 13th, but we celebrated on Friday night (with cupcakes 0f course). I don't have to words to say how magical Grant is to me. The first 2 years of his life has given meaning to my first 25. It is an adventure being his mom and I am re-discovering things as he is learning about the world. I adore him.
p.s. Grant went #2 in the potty this last week. (Yeay! One less dirty diaper in my life!)



2. Henry

It was a special Mother's Day because we blessed Henry today. Now that I have a second baby, I can differentiate what is "general" about babies, and what is "unique" about each one. His personality is clear to me, even though he is so small. I can feel Henry's calm, easy-going demeanor in our home. He seems very sensitive and that makes me much more sensitive too -- which is not such a bad thing. Plus, he smiles at me.


3. Spencer

Spencer graduated yesterday with a Masters in Organizational Communication. Sometimes I get confused: He is a stellar communicator, but not a master at organizing. Just kidding. I couldn't help but get emotional during the commencement because I've seen how hard he has worked... and he usually makes everything look easy. Spencer teaches me how to enjoy life because that's what he always does. I feel secure because he is smart, ambitious, responsible, and not afraid of anything. We don't live a boring life, that's for sure. But I feel loved, and I love him.



These events meant more because many of our family members traveled to be with us. Thank you for your help and support! We love you!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

What a great weekend! I'm so happy for you guys, life works itself out and things will start coming more together now and you'll just keep racking up the blessings. That was so fun on Friday, Austin is still jabbering about having fun with Dant. Thanks for the invite!

MaryLou said...

Emily, I can't come up with the words to tell you how amazing you are and how much I love you and the three boys in your life (and I'm not talking about your brothers.) Thank you for a great weekend--and on top of everything, you have great hair!

Workmans said...

You guys have had such an amazing week and I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you for everything. Grants birthday was a blast! I hope to high heaven that we will end up living in Ohio with you guys.

Camille said...

What a weekend! Hooray for everyone, but especially you Emily. And its true- you do have great hair. Happy late mothers day!

Jared and Jami Hobbs said...

Em~
I Love Ya! It is so great to hear so many wonderful things are happening for you. I am so excited for you and your little family. I hope that everything keeps working out just great!!

Stephanie said...

that graduation photo of spencer is awesome- so symbolic of what he must have felt like. great camera em!