Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Vacation photos

Soooo, we're back.

I know you all have been checking our blog every stinking day for new posts. Dying for the report on our fun-packed vacation to California with the Kendricks (Spencer's sister and fam).

Well... here's the re-cap:

Day 1: Buffalo Bills (Stateline, Nevada)
(yes, we rode the roller-coaster... and we all had sore necks the next day.)

(Boast: Smokey Robinson performed the night we were there and he walked right by us to steal our elevator... I said, "That's Robinson!" but I wish I would have said, "Hi, Smokey" or "Good job on American Idol" or "Good luck, tonight, Smokey." Who's name is Smokey anyway?)

By the way, he sings "...If you feel like lovin' me, if you got the notion, I second that emotion... yea..." and "Tears of a clown, do, do, dodedododododo..."

Day 2: Huntington Beach, CA
Our Idaho bods didn't stand a chance. We got fried. Spencer's face has finally stopped coming off. Grant was plastered with 50 SPF but I only brought 4. Dumb.
We met up with another of spencer's sistas and cousins... it was a basically a family reunion. Spence got a concussion body surfing and I sat on some tar. Grant loved to chase the waves.

Day 3: Disneyland
We went on most of the classic rides... they let us cut in line if we swapped Grant around which was nice. My nephew loved It's a Small World. Grant loved the constant snacking.
Day 4: California Adventure (Disneyland)
We went there for a half a day and I saw Mary Poppins. The Hotel of Terror ride was awesome and some day we'd like to go back for more. My nephew just wanted to go ride Small World again, and again. (Beck, the song will haunt your dreams forever).

Day 4 evening: Bakersfield
Congrats on your graduation, Kyle!

Day 5: Help mom pack truck/clean house for the big move to Boise! Yeay!
Day 6: Stop in Vegas to eat at The Belagio Buffet. Creme Brulee. Yum.

Overall, Grant was such a good boy. AND... He did very well in the car. I strategically brought 'new' toys and borrowed a car DVD player for the road. It helped to break up the trip in Nevada too. He went to bed easily and slept in the stroller at D-land. We exhausted him... he is glad to be home. I'm so glad I got to see some friends along the way (Alpi, Becca, Steph).

Now, back to scouts. Thanks for all your sarcastic support, by the way.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! What a great trip! I am so glad that we got to visit for a bit- you have a great family. I'm excited to sort of copy that trip when we come out next summer and Ambrose can actually enjoy everything (sort of). Good luck with the scouts (since this is the internet, you will never know if I said that sarcastically or not- mwahahahaha!).

Anonymous said...

Yay for Disneyland! Yay for It's a Small World (over and over and over again)! It was awesome. Let's do it again next year.

By the way, I saw the pictures of Jer and Spence and their white bodies. AWE-SOME!

Anonymous said...

Pretty much lovin' the hair! Of course I'm refering to my own, yours is pretty much perfect, as per usual.

Anonymous said...

oops didn't mean to me anonymous!

roxie said...

I bet packing that truck and cleaning my old house was the memory that was the highlight of your trip. And please tell Spencer that I have a cool net that goes over the back of a truck bed and he doesn't.

Mason Bourne said...

Haha, the picture of Grant with the Mickey Mouse glasses is the best! I wish i could have been there with you guys. Maybe another time.