Friday, July 24, 2009

One year ago...


I've been pondering about the last year living in Athens, Ohio. I remember myself saying, "Ah, a fresh start is nice, this change will be good." And it has been. I can really say that I love living here. I love this house that limits our budget, but is totally worth it. I love the flexibility of my job. I love the friends I've made. I love the memories we are making with the kids. I love seeing Spencer succeed and become such a big smarty pants.

The last year could have been so different. I think life really is what you make of it. We faithfully felt it was right to move here. Now, it is neat to look back and know how right it was. There are always BLAH days and times of serious stress, but we work through it. I'm just sitting here feeling so grateful for a Heavenly Father that orchestrates the blessings in our lives.

(And don't get me started on those grand old pioneers! happy pioneer day!)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

you are the best the best the best- i am happy for you! thanks for injecting this positivity to the end of a loooooong day for me.

love you!

VicandNanc said...

I love those days when you realize life is so good! I'm happy for you :) :)

Jessica said...

Friendly Advice: Go to my blog and enter the Monday giveaway!