Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Penny the Dog


Penny is three months old now. I kind of feel like we've had her forever. We are adjusting to being dog owners, but the kids LOVE HER!!! I admit that after the first week or two I was wondering what I got myself into: managing a puppy while mothering two little maniacs. I hoped that the feeling would pass and luckily it is getting easier. She wined during the night for the only the first couple weeks and she is now pretty consistent about going potty outside, which means she can spend longer amounts of time in the living room. Her other accomplishments include: Sit. Come. Down. Kennel. We've been clicker training everyday and it is great! Of course, she chews anything and the worst mishap is when she got a hold of one of Grant's yellow paint markers and it exploded on the carpet. She spent the afternoon outside on that day. She is bossy. She barks when she wants me to pet her and nips when she wants to play. She nips at the boys sometimes and I know it hurts them, so if she is hyper, I put her behind the baby gate. A couple days ago her sharp little tooth punctured my finger when we were playing fetch. Lately, her favorite game is 'keep away' -- it is SO ANNOYING! I can't wait until we get a bigger fence in the backyard so all these little creatures can run around and burn off some energy!!!

Blogging about Penny is not that exciting, but some people have asked how the dogging is going. So there you go!

5 comments:

Chelsi said...

Cute dog! She is part of the family so you can't forget her too. I bet your boys just love her. I'm not ready to potty train something else ;)

Anonymous said...

lol. i LOVE that last pic. SO CUTE!

Workmans said...

At least there is another girl in the family! She is sooo cute, what kind of dog is she? Parker wants a dog so bad so this is one post I won't be showing him. Your boys are getting so big and the other day Parker was like "Mom remember my old friend Grant, where does he live now?" It was sweet. We ALL miss you guys and hope everything is going well!

Ty and Kumari said...

Penny fits right into your fam because she is sooooo adorable!!!!!

Jason and Dana said...

Once again, I'm so jealous!!!!