Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hogle Zoo/Bounce House

Fact: Spencer is an inch away from finishing his degree paper.
Fact: He is running out of steam.
Fact: Grant and I are definitely distracting.
Fact: He needed some quiet time at home by himself.

Based on these facts, I planned an over-nighter to SLC to visit some Sistas and make some memories before we move to Ohio.

It turned out to be great. (good thing I didn't ponder too hard on the by-myself-with-two-kids part)
I couldn't have done it without my helpful sister-in-laws.

We went to Hogle Zoo. Grant loved the elephants and almost got attacked by a dancing turkey.

(I had to tell Grant this was a "toy" monkey. He was very confused.)
My nephew's birthday happened to be the next day, so we crashed his bounce-house party.

That place unexpectedly turned me into a 10-year-old:



Note: Spencer finished the final draft of his paper that day. Good thing, because I really want to see the Amish. Have I said that already?

8 comments:

Camille said...

How fun! Man, watching that video made me miss hanging out with you so much! Or maybe it was some old photos I found while unpacking. YOU are a riot, girl! Your lucky kids!

Jenn said...

you are so brave! I don't know if I'd brave just taking Austin by myself to Hogle! How fun! Giselle the 10 year old, that can be you in Ohio...

Anonymous said...

You are a crack-up! I always love watching your little videos!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. That video was really funny. it looks like Grant has no control of his body and that you totally nail him at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

That was a good time. I'm so glad that you came! And that Spencer got something done.

Laura said...

Spencer, I didn't recognize you until after I passed you in a hurry back to the stage last night! It was great to see you even if I forgot to say hi. :-) Your blog is cute and so is your family. Our blog is toddandlauramyers.blogspot.com

MaryLou said...

Second picture reminds me of Spencers new fishing friend.

Stephanie said...

how fun! you are looking great by the way. just great.