Sunday, November 11, 2007

A poem treat (to be read dramatically):


When Autumn came this year,
Our green lawn disappeared.

A foot-high stack of leaves,
Came dumping from the trees!

All week I raked and raked.
Grant thought the piles were great!

So I raked and raked some more,
Worried the rain would pour.

The news man said, "Snow's comin'!"
I yelled to Spence, "Start baggin'!"

O'erwhelmed by all the work,
He left me there, That Jerk!

But to my great surprise,
He came back with two guys!

They brought a giant truck,
I can't believe our luck!

For we finished in an hour,
Before the forecast shower.

Hurray the work is done!
The Battle 'o Leaves is won!


(I was bored.)

5 comments:

MaryLou said...

Go, Spencer, go Spencer...it's your birthday, it's your birthday. So...did it really snow?

Anonymous said...

i will not eat rake them in a box, I will not rake them with a fox.

Anonymous said...

I'm so stupid.

I will not rake them in a box, I will not rake them with a fox!

Cassie said...

You're a poet! Nice work! It truly was a treat. ;) And even more a treat to see your cute little boy! I'm not sure I have ever seen him. What a cutie! I love it!

Cassie said...

(Todd's wife...its been a while. ;) )